You don’t have to wait for the spring or autumn to come to do a thorough house cleaning. Everything gets dirty extremely fast, especially if you have a big family and pets. Of course, the best way to maintain a clean house is to invest regular effort and time in home cleaning. However, you can take up a deep cleaning project every once in a while. For this reason, you will do well with a checklist. Here is one that can aid your efforts:
- Declutter every room – First, start with decluttering each room. You need to find a place for everything or get rid of things that don’t belong in the room. Excess creates the feeling of a mess. Decluttering will make the deep cleaning project a lot easier because there will be nothing standing in your way and you can better identify what needs to be done.
- Start from the top – No matter what kind of cleaning you are doing, it is always better to start from the top and work your way to the bottom (floor) of the room. So, start with the hard-to-reach places like the ceiling light fixture, baseboards and walls. The microfiber cloth is your best friend when it comes to cleaning any surfaces. Use the cloth to dust as much as you can reach. You don’t need a fancy cleaner; you can use a simple solution of warm water and a few drops of dish soap.
- Clean the windows – When you are done with the ceiling, the next step would be cleaning the windows. For this task, you will need your favourite window cleaner, a microfiber cloth and paper towels. Start with spraying the window cleaning product and let the solution sit for about 30 seconds to dissolve the dust. Next, start rubbing with the microfiber cloth until the dirt is removed. In the end, just wipe everything down with the paper towel while the glass is still wet to make the windows crystal clean.
- Ditch the dust – With the help a microfiber cloth dust all remaining hard surfaces using beeswax-based cleaner. If you don’t want to use any cleaner, you can just use warm water. Finally, use a lint roller to dust the lampshades.
- Clean the floors – Start with the vacuum. No matter if you have wooden or stone flooring or a carpet, you will need to run the vacuum to remove the dust. Don’t forget to use the brush attachment so as not to cause damage. If you have hard flooring, you can use a mop and achieve spectacular results.
- Don’t forget the bathroom – After you are done with all rooms in the house, it is time to tackle the bathroom. Start with washing the shower curtains. Then, wipe the bathtub with a bleach-based cleaner to disinfect the surface and remove the soap residue. Don’t forget to clean the toilet, the sink and the medicine cabinet as well as the bathroom window and mirrors.
With this easy to follow checklist, you are ready to deep clean your house like a real professional.